Immortal Family 8 pieces of brocade chi kung exercises are of great benefit to the old or the sick. Purpose to manipulate the joints, improve circulation (draining,pumping,filling,emptying) and posture.
1. Gnash teeth/swallow saliva x 36
purpose to stimulate the nervous system/relieves stomach complaints.
2. Wash face/beat the drum x36
purpose to stimulate the circulation of blood and condition of the skin/stimulate the brain, nervous system and ears.
3. Shrug the shoulders x 18 both ways/support the sky x 36
purpose to relax and open the muscles and joints/stretch the spine and loosen the joints.
4. Draw the bow to the left and right x 18 both sides (breathe out as you extend arms and in as you relax./ purpose to purge fever in major organs.
5. Massage the dan tian point x36 each direction (support testicles apply pressure to the perineum) purpose to impotence and add digestion.
6. Rub kidney point x 36
(apply pressure as hands are drawn up the spine the circle down to the starting position- lower back) purpose to improve kidney function
7. Rub under spine point x36
( rub index and middle finger on hand until warm, place fingers on the coccyx) purpose to stimulate nervous system, veins and arteries.
8. Gushing spring x 18 both ways /wash the legs x 18 both ways
(massage sole of foot allowing the ankle to rotate press on the kidney point both ways, both feet) purpose to manipulate joints and stimulate circulation.
(stand on one leg, rotate the other leg from the hip 7 times both ways, change legs)
purpose to improve balance, flexibility.
Tai chi postures that can be used for chi gung training
Beginning style moving x36 each leg
7 stars static x 1min each side
Flying oblique static x 1min each side
As shutting a door moving x 36 each leg
Cloud hands moving x 1min
Tiger embraces head moving x 1min each side
Golden cockerel static x 1min each side
Sweep lotus leg moving x 36 each leg
Purpose to manipulate the joints, improve circulation (draining,pumping,filling,emptying) and posture.